Looking to upgrade your style? Here are a few tips to help you along the way.
1. Have your clothes tailored. Clothing fit is the most important aspect of style. While the boys are wearing baggy, ill fitting gear, you will be a tailored dream. Spend just a little bit of money on some key alterations.
2. Step outside of your comfort zone. Be bold and choose some incredible patterns and colours. You’ll get compliments, I promise!
3. Step into more stylish shoes. Elevate your footwear, and it will elevate your life!
4. Accessorize. Details are everything. Incorporate a coordinated belt, men’s jewelry, a nice watch, a hat, scarf, or a light weight jacket. Accessories are an instant upgrade!
5. When wearing a suit – match your lapel width to your tie width. Wide lapel, wide tie, medium size lapel, medium size tie, skinny lapel, skinny tie – you see where I am going with this.
6. Don’t be afraid to dress up. Obviously, match the occasion to the outfit – if you are going to watch the football game with the boys, no need to dress up. But, if you are going to a birthday party or dinner, dress nicely. Don’t be afraid to raise the bar within your friends circle!
7. Experiment with different colognes. The right fragrance will compliment your outfit perfectly!
8. Go into a retail store and check out the mannequins. They are all going to be dressed to the nines. People get paid a lot of money to dress those mannequins. Layered, paired & coordinated perfectly! They are a great way to get an idea of what you can combine, and what works well together. Bonus is, you don’t have to search far for those items, If they are on the mannequins, they will be right there in the store.
9. Last, but certainly not least – don’t blend in. Stand out, be yourself and be confident! It doesn’t matter what you wear, whatever it is wear it with confidence!
I hope you found some of my tips helpful. Thank you so much for reading. Take care and have a prosperous day.